Welcome to Castlefield Community Centre
Castlefield is a small and inviting neighbourhood house managed by Bayside Community Information and Support Service (BayCISS). We run programs that respond to the needs of the community and hire facilities to local groups and private providers. Our aim is to build a connected community where people can learn new skills, share their experiences and get the support they need to feel valued in their community.
We are Open!
Our Centre is open and we are excited to welcome everyone back. After a challenging year, we can once again reconnect face-to-face with our wonderful community!
Our Centre has a COVID safe plan which allows us to offer a range of programs and activities:
- Short Term Occasional Child Care is available for preschool aged children with sessions available most days
- Art for All Abilities is on Tuesdays from 1pm
- One World Choir is on Thursday evenings from 7.30pm
- Strength & Balance classes continue each Friday morning from 10.15am through Zoom
- Our Patchwork and Quilting groups are on Tuesdays from 9.30am
- Busy Feet are continuing on Tuesdays from 4.15pm
- New classes are commencing in Term 2 which include Pilates and Yoga Nidra.
Please download our program (at the top of the page) for a full list of the programs offered at Our Centre.
We want to be here for you – if you need us, when you need us, how you need us. The Centre may also be able to offer more intensive supports during this time through the Bayside Community Information and Support Services (BayCISS) who offer an extensive suite of services and supports.
If they can’t help you, they will help find someone who can. You can contact them either through the Centre, or by phoning 9555 9910 between 10am – 4pm each day or by visiting their website: www.bayciss.org.au
It is good to be back!
Let’s be the Unity in Community