Welcome to Castlefield Community Centre
Castlefield is a small and inviting neighbourhood house managed by Bayside Community Information and Support Service (BayCISS). We run programs that respond to the needs of the community and hire facilities to local groups and private providers. Our aim is to build a connected community where people can learn new skills, share their experiences and get the support they need to feel valued in their community.
We are Back!
Victorians have done an outstanding job and now as restrictions begin to ease, we can begin to reap the benefits of all our hard work!
With new guidelines and expectations, our Centre is now welcoming you back to enjoy some of our activities:
- Short Term Occasional Child Care will be available for eligible families for the remainder of the year with sessions available most days
- Art for All Abilities will continue to offer online sessions through the Zoom platform each Tuesdays from 1pm
- One World Choir will continue to offer online sessions through our Zoom platform each Thursday night from 8pm
- Strength & Balance classes continue each Friday morning from 10.15am through Zoom
- Our Patchwork and Quilting groups are also offering a catch up session via Zoom each week
- Busy Feet are continuing on Tuesdays from 4.15pm
- If you need some well deserved time to yourself, you may be interested in the Mediation sessions available online
We are very excited to be able to offer so many fun activities and look forward to welcoming more activities and programs back to the Centre (or in the comfort of your own homes) as restrictions continue to ease!
A very special thank you to our awesome staff and tutors for their flexibility, commitment, time and efforts in ensuring we are able to continue to be here when you need us!
This year has been tough! And it continues to be!
We want to be here for you – if you need us, when you need us, how you need us. The Centre may also be able to offer more intensive supports during this time through the Bayside Community Information and Support Services (BayCISS) who offer an extensive suite of services and supports.
If they can’t help you, they will help find someone who can. You can contact them either through the Centre, or by phoning 9555 9910 between 10am – 4pm each day or by visiting their website: www.bayciss.org.au
It is good to be back!
Let’s be the Unity in Community